I strongly believe that community colleges are a foundational piece of our higher education system. They are the rock on which many build a solid career and provide continued learning opportunities for people all ages and life-experience. Having attended four such institutions, including LBCC for the past several years, I can attest to their benefits for life-long learning. LBCC also provided a most positive experience for others in my family, three of which moved on to other colleges.
- Support the college in its plan to bring back in-person classes in a post-COVID safe environment.
- Support LBCC in its mission to make college inclusive and accessible to everyone, providing prerequisites that allow each student to be successful
- Support legislation that makes community college classes transferable to universities (such as between LBCC and OSU, as well as other 4-year colleges)
- Support the expansion and improvement of career technical education programs
- Promote continuing education and other extended learning classes
- Provide outreach to rural communities, and support new technologies such as on-line access where attendance is infeasible
- Support LBCC's many high school partnership programs, including outreach and support for seniors with no-cost access to college level classes
- Advocate to keep tuition low and LBCC financially solvent while growing to serve this vibrant community